* It’s strongly recommended to create a backup of your current Magento installation incl. database before the install or even better to create a staging host, install the extension there and then migrate all changes to the live host. Please note that during the install process some vital data may be lost as there is always a probability of some issues while updating data structure in the database. Thus having a backup or staging server could save a lot of time and money.
- 1. Download the extension from the `Downloadable products` section of your account on www.AITOC.com. Ensure that you are downloading the version of the extension appropriate to your Magento version. You can check the version of your Magento at the bottom of any page in the administrative area of your Magento.
- 2. Turn off all types of cache in the `System` -> `Cache Management` section of you Magento.
- 3. Upload the package files to the root folder of your Magento installation.
- 4. Set writeable permissions (usually 0755 for directories and 0644 for files) on /app/etc/modules/Aitoc_* , /app/etc/modules/AdjustWare_* files and /var/ directory.
- 5. Navigate to the `System` -> `Manage Aitoc Modules` section.
- 6a. In the Module Manager there is a list of all the extensions available to install. Every extension is represented by its title and version. Next to the extension there is a link `Install` which will point you to the license’s agreement page.
After the license agreement page there is the license management page. To install the license and the extension press the `Proceed to install` button at the upper-right corner of the screen. Installation can take some time, so please be patient.
- 6b. If your host does not have access to the Internet (or www.AITOC.com is invisible for your application due to different restrictions) then automatic install will fail on the final step. It is possible to install the license manually. Please submit a Support Ticket on the Support Tab of a corresponding extension page at www.AITOC.com with a subject like `Request for a manual license file`. In the message field please specify the path to the Magento backend on your host (i.e. http://mydevhost.local/index.php/admin) – this information is required for our support team to create and send you the license file. Our support team will send you the file, which is required for the manual license installation. Then proceed to `System` > `Manage Aitoc Modules` backend section, click on the `Manual Install` link next to the extension which should be installed and proceed with the guided installation. At the last step, you will be prompted to upload the file sent to you by our support team.