* It’s strongly recommended to create a backup of your current Magento installation incl. database before the update or even better to create a staging host, update the extension there and then migrate all changes to the live host. Please note that during the update process some vital data may be lost as there is always a probability of some issues while updating data structure in the database. Thus having a backup or staging server could save a lot of time and money.
- 1. Download the latest available package from the `Downloadable products` section of your account on www.AITOC.com. Ensure that you are downloading the version of the extension appropriate to your Magento version. You can check the version of your Magento at the bottom of any page in the administrative area of your Magento.
- 2. Turn off all types of cache in the `System` -> `Cache Management` section of you Magento.
- 3. Navigate to the Manage Aitoc Modules section under `System` -> Manage Aitoc Modules
- 4. Uncheck the box near the name of the extension which you need to update.
- 5. Press the `Save Modules Settings` button at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- 6. Upload the package contents to your Magento host. Answer `yes` if you will be prompted to overwrite files or not. Please do not remove the installer extension from the package before the upload as some versions of extensions may require the latest version of the installer extension.
- 7. Refresh the Module Manager page. You should see the new version number near the extension’s name.
- 8. Check the box near the name of the extension which you need to update.
- 9. Press the `Save Modules Settings` button at the upper-right corner of the screen.