How to setup Abandoned Carts Alerts Pro extension properly.
Posted by Victor Yakovlev on 02 April 2013 12:07 AM
You should read the following text to understand how the Abandoned Carts Alerts Pro extension works.
1. Magento creates shopping cart when visitor (registered or
2. When the session is over Magento sets the cart to
3. The session can be ended in 2 cases: 1. Logged in visitor
4. The extension requests a list of abandoned carts every 5
5.The list of abandoned carts is transformed into schedule
6. The extension checks for schedule every 5 min (by
7. The extension creates reminder-letter based on e-mail
8. The extension checks for product availability. If the
9. Follow up email is put in queue.
10. The extension sends email in small bulks to avoid
11. If user clicks on recovery link the extension blocks all
12. All steps are added to statistics, even the carts that
Please setup your cron jobs to run every 2 min to minimize
1. I have just closed my browser with shopping cart. When do
Follow up email delay = Session timeout time (usually 10
First follow up email can't be sent
It means that if you need to send email after 20 min you
You have default text for follow up email. To increase